10 Creative Ways to Display Your Christmas Cards
It’s that time of year when our letterboxes are inundated with little gestures of goodwill in the form of Christmas cards. For many of us, these cards tend to accumulate in a pile on the sideboard, but giving them pride of place around your home is easy and can become an interesting part of your festive decorations. Here are 10 Creative Ways to Display Your Christmas Cards.
1. To display your Christmas cards with minimal effort, just slot your cards in the picture frames and mirrors around your home.
2. For an interesting way of displaying cards with objects you can find around your home just tie a piece of string across the door frames and use pegs to secure the cards in place – a little Christmas card washing line!
3. Many shops also sell ready-made card-hangers to which you can simply fasten your cards. Keep a look out in your local store.
4. Fasten a little piece of ribbon to each of your cards and hang them around your home. Put a rustic-looking tree branch in a big vase for an interesting place to hang your cards.
5. If you have an empty wall, stick your cards to make the shape of a Christmas tree or a star. This can make a great feature for an otherwise un-used space.
6. Tie ribbon around your cupboard doors and use safety pins or paperclips to secure your cards in place.
7. If you have a pin board in your home, this makes for an easy space to display your cards. A cork board can easily be covered with wrapping paper for that extra festive feel.
8. Attach ribbon to a coat hanger and hang your cards anywhere in the house!
9. If you have garlands running around your fireplace or staircase these can make a great place to hang your cards.
10. If you have window shutters in your home, or an old pair hanging around, you can slide your Christmas cards into the grooves.
Hopefully these ideas will give you a bit of inspiration this Christmas. Many Christmas cards have such beautiful designs it would be a shame not to display them!
Latest posts by Dinah Wulf (see all)
- A Dozen St. Patrick’s Day Ideas - March 7, 2014
- DIY Spring Bunting and Gift Box Set - March 6, 2014
- St. Patrick’s Day Fabric Scrap and Burlap Scrap Bunting - March 5, 2014