My daughter and I were playing in her bedroom the other day. She wanted me to lie down on the floor and tuck me in, just like Mommy and Daddy does. She brought me her pillow, her blanket, and two of her dolls. As I laid there I looked around at her room and realized that I have made a lot of the things in her room so I thought I put together a roundup of 8 DIY Girls Room Ideas and tutorials that I have done.
- Stenciled Butterfly Wall Art – I made this out of an old (ugly) painting, burlap, stencils and craft butterflies.
- Plant Hanger Chandelier- Every girl, especially tween girls who walk into Mia’s room LOVE this chandelier and thinks it’s so cool. To think I made it out of a plant hanger I found in a trash pile on the side of the house when we first moved in!
- Butterfly Wall Art- I made these one day literally out of boredom from left overs in my craft closet.
- Lampshade Update – OK, so I didn’t technically make the lamp shade but I did dress it up a bit with ribbon and a butterfly J
- Ribbon Organization Board – Another recycled project, I made this out of an old painting and my daughter’s first baby blanket.
- Refurbished Play Table – This was an old Disney princess table that was about to be thrown away. I picked it up and re-painted it and added cushions and fabric to the seats.
- Updated Storage Bins- Thought I’d give these otherwise boring bins an inexpensive facelift.
- Updated Sconces – Just add the desired paint to some thrift store sconces and voila!
There you have it! I made most of these from unwanted items and turned trash into treasure…well, at least for my daughter!