Alice in Wonderland Flowers
My best friend is having an Alice In Wonderland themed party for my God daughter’s first birthday. I decided that I wanted to make a paper flower centerpiece for her using a recycled pretzel container and some dyed coffee filter flowers. This was my original inspiration. First let me show you how to make the vase.
Materials for Flower Vase:
- Large plastic container (I used a pretzel container from Costco)
- Craft paint
- Paint brush
- Craft knife
- Embellishments (ribbon, craft butterflies)
Instructions for the Centerpiece Vase:
Cut the plastic container to the desired size. I found it easiest to puncture the container with a craft knife first and then use scissors to cut the rest.
Remove the stickers and paint the inside of the container with craft paint and embellish it with ribbon. I also used craft butterflies. Painting the inside will give it a nice glossy finish.
Materials for Alice in Wonderland Flowers:
- Dyed Coffee Filter Flowers
- Scrapbook paper and/or cardstock
- Hot glue and glue gun
- Double-sided tape
- Floral Tape
Photo Instructions: I thought photo instructions would be self-explanatory. I just cut and trimmed as I went, using the inspiration photo on my phone as a guide.
Note: I started with a 3”X3” piece of cardstock.
Here are few close ups of the faces. I hot glued the paper flowers onto the floral wrapped skewers and inserted them into Styrofoam hidden inside the vase.
Here are a couple after photos.
You may also like a this Vintage Inspired Alice in Wonderland Mad Hatter Tea Party!
- Upcycled Thrift Store Teapots
- Upcycled Thrift Store Tea Cups
- Mad Hatter Tea Party Hat Decoration
- Mad Hatter Tea Party Chair Centerpieces
- Mad Hatter Tea Party Centerpieces & Ideas