Asian Themed Baby Shower
My family and I are throwing an Asian Themed Baby Shower for my beautiful cousin, Maria. Because she was having a boy, I suggested doing the party in hues of blues and greens instead of the traditional red, black, and gold colors typically associated with an Asian theme.
Here are the centerpieces I came up with. I used Chinese take-out boxes in blue and green, and embellished them with coordinating ribbon, beads, and charms. I printed out Chinese characters for “mother”, “father”, “baby boy”, “family”, and “happiness” and glued each one to the front. I layered the characters in black scrapbook paper.
I filled them with goodies for the mother-to-be to take home and added a set of chopsticks that I happened to find in my junk drawer from Chinese take out a few weeks ago!
Here are some baby shower gifts that will fit nicely into these takeout boxes:
- Baby socks
- Newborn onsies
- Bath Rags
- Small Stuffed Animals
- Travel sized baby toiletries
- Small books
- Baby Bottles
- Small Toys
These were so fun and easy to make. Maria and her husband loved them and thought the creativeness was a nice touch.
Need More DIY Party Ideas? Try:
- DIY Crafts: Parasol Topiaries
- Paper Flower Ornaments
- Hanging Paper Flowers
- Carnival or Circus Themed Party
- Dollar Bin Party Favors
Latest posts by Dinah Wulf (see all)
- 32 Cheap and Easy Crafts You Can Make from Dollar Bin Items - May 29, 2015
- Frozen Fever Birthday Party Bunting - May 27, 2015
- Supporting Anti-Bullying: My Personal Story - May 26, 2015
- Repurposed Yoghurt Container Turned Succulent Pot - May 25, 2015
- 20 Cool Must Do Stenciling Projects - May 22, 2015