Baseball Themed Baby Shower
Throwing a themed baby shower doesn’t have to break the bank. My girlfriends and I hosted a small baseball themed baby shower for one of our best friends years ago and I came across some old pictures. Here are a few quick and easy ideas.
Budget Party Decorations:
Borrow sports equipment like baseballs, bats, and gloves from friends or family to use as props, scatter them on tables, or use them as part of centerpieces.
Decorating with scrapbook paper is very inexpensive. Print out each letter of the baby’s name and cut and paste it to a 12X12 piece of scrapbook paper to resemble blocks. Suspend the “blocks” with fishing line. Don’t forget to do both sides! Total cost of this preject? Less than $5 bucks!
Print out black and white photos of the Mommy and Daddy to be. Paste them on scrapbook paper and scatter them around the room and on tables. There’s no need to use photo paper. Regular printer paper works just fine.
Cracker Jacks and Peanuts make great party favors. Tie them in a pretty bow and add a tag that says, “Coming to Home Plate!” Another option is candied or caramel apples. Shopping at a club warehouse store for these bulk items will significantly cut down on costs.
Serve All-American Food:
Consider serving traditional All-American finger sized foods such as pigs in a blanket, sliders, and French fries in small paper cones or potato salad. Fill cupcake liners for individual servings with peanuts, popcorn, or caramel popcorn. Use plastic colored baskets with paper liner as plates. If the budget allows, rent a nacho warmer and have a nacho bar or rent a cotton candy machine.
More fun ideas:
Label areas around the venue:
- Make a sign that says “Welcome to home plate!” or “Celebrating an All-Star Baby Shower!” by the front entrance.
- Locker Rooms: Hang a sign above the gift table
- Rest Rooms: Hang Women’s and Men’s restroom signs or symbols on the bathroom door
- Bleachers: Hang a sign above a seating area
- Concession Stand: Hang a concession stand sign above the dessert or food table
Latest posts by Dinah Wulf (see all)
- DIY Christmas Card Display - November 24, 2014
- Easy Mini Winter Scene in a Cloche - November 21, 2014
- My Craft Room: Inspiration, Creativity, & Tradition - November 20, 2014
- Ten Easy Elf on the Shelf Ideas - November 19, 2014
- Playhouse DIY Mini Makeover - November 17, 2014