I am honored to be sponsored by Printography today to share with you my Tips for Hanging Pictures. I received a beautiful bamboo mount 8X8 photo of my daughter the other day. I chose this picture because it sums up her age at this moment in time… mismatched clothes because she has to pick out her own, messy hair because she won’t let me put it in pig tails anymore, and arms raised with a huge smile so happy for her new found independence. She’s such a ham!
The Printography site is so easy to navigate and order. It only took a few minutes for me to place my order. When I received it, I was so excited, because the quality exceeded my expectations. Now until March 2nd, you can receive 15% off of your order by using the PROMO CODE: DIYINSPIRED!
Anyway, I wanted to create a photo gallery way of family photos. I did a black and white photo gallery and my new bamboo mounted photo of Mia is an awesome pop of color.
General Height Guidelines I have learned:
- For hanging photos above a couch, measure 10” above the back of the couch.
- For hanging photos on a hallway wall, measure up from the floor 5-6 feet.
- For hanging photos on a dining room or living room wall, measure up from the floor 4-4.5 feet.
My Tips for Hanging Pictures for a Home Gallery Wall:
- I decided to stick to three types of frames only: black, silver, and wood.
- I used mostly black and white photos because I thought it made it look more modern.
- I used a variety of frame sizes: 8X10, 5X7, 4X6
- I kept one vertical imaginary straight line all the way across the wall and placed the photos above or below the line.
- I used a photo mat for some of the photos which created a little more dimension.
- Social networking sites are a great resource to get family photos if your collection is lacking.
- Photo wall adhesive strips are DEFINITELY the way to go when hanging ANY picture frames. No holes!!! You can get them at several retail stores. It also makes it easier, because you don’t have to worry about aligning a nail and frame hook.
- Lastly, arrange all of your photos and take pictures of them to help you choose the right arrangement.
Here is an example of my arrangements. I did this a few times until I was satisfied.
Here is the final one more time.
I hope you enjoyed my tips! Don’t forget, you can receive 15% off of your order by using the PROMO CODE: DIYINSPIRED on Printography!