I can’t believe you are three years old today. I have no idea where the past three years have gone. You start pre-school in just two short months. Before you know it, I’ll be sending you off to college.
There are a few things I want you to remember about this past year. Actually, I want to remember too!
- You talk more than any other three year old I know, and your daily vocabulary contains words like “delicious”, “probably”,“cylinder”, and “disgusting”.
- Your favorite treats are “wiggly worms” (gummy worms). You get to pick two each time. One regular and one sour.
- You sing songs when you are tired.
- You sing songs when you are in time out and it drives daddy and me nuts.
- We go to the library almost every week to get 3-5 books to read before bed.
- You like to race dad on your tricycle down the driveway and make him put his helmet on too.
- You already like to dress yourself and ALWAYS pick out a skirt or dress and sometimes you’ll beg me to wear your patent leather dress shoes to the grocery store.
- You take a purse and sunglasses everywhere we go.
- When you get hurt, you hold in your tears.
- Your favorite game is “I’m the Mommy and you’re the baby.”
- Your memory is amazing!
With the help of Facebook, I had to go back and look at the timeline because I know I had posted some funny Facebook statuses I have written about you from the last year. I just cut and pasted. Here are some of them that I’ll never forget, starting with the most recent.
June 28, 2013: Ooooooh! So THAT’S what they mean by “terrible twos” or is it “only child syndrome”? Whatever it is I’m busting out some beers tonight…
April 10, 2013: Parenting tip #32: When your toddler lays down to get her diaper changed and she warns, “mommy, it’s a big one,” it’s time to crack down on potty training.
March 31, 2013: Mike and I have different parenting styles:
- Mia: “Mommy, I pooped on Daddy’s Ipad.”
- Me: “Oh No! You have to tell Mommy if you have to go to the bathroom.”
- Mike: “How would you like it if I pooped on YOUR Ipad? I’m pooping on Dora! I’m pooping on Dora!”
March 19, 2013: Mia (2 YO) just asked me to please hold her pinwheel while she drives to our tax appointment.
February 8, 2013: Parenting tip #25: Do not leave the cream cheese tub unattended, otherwise your toddler will think it’s a good idea to eat it with her toes… yes… her toes… ew.
January 3, 2013: Parenting Tip #63: Be specific when talking to your toddler. For example, when warning “Be careful with your juice” you should really say, “Don’t put Strawberry Shortcake and Blueberry Muffin in your juice, or stick your entire hand in it, or pour it all over the couch and sip it out of the crevices.” You’re welcome.
December 24, 2012: I love how I get potty training, counting, and reading duty and Mike gets to teach her how to lick French onion dip off the counter…
November 20, 2012: Parenting tip #62: If you’re wondering why your house smells like Italian food and you aren’t cooking, your toddler is probably upstairs emptying a Costco sized Parmesan cheese container all over her room.
Happy Birthday, Baby Girl! I can’t wait to see what the next year brings. I love you more than you will ever know.