DIY Recycled Jar Tea Light
I’m pretty sure I save every single jar after it’s empty. Pickle, spaghetti sauce, salsa… I don’t discriminate. The Mason jar is beautiful but I think it gets too much credit (don’t get me wrong, I’ve done several Mason jar crafts in the past and I still LOVE them). For this DIY Recycled Jar Tea Light, I decided to use a pickled beet jar. Yes, I eat pickled beets…yum!!!
- Burlap scraps
- Wire or a wire coat hanger (I used 20 gauge because it’s easy to work with)
- Craft paint in the color of your choice
- Stencil of your choice
- Wire cutter
- Hot glue
- Tea Light
First, cut your burlap so that it fits nicely around your jar. Next, stencil your burlap and set aside. Wrap your wire around the mouth of the jar several (4-5) times depending on the desired thickness. Cut another piece of wire for the handle wrapping each end securely around your wire circle as shown. Place the wire circle with handle around the mouth of the jar. Locate the ends of the wire circle and pull taught. Pliers may help. You may have to massage the circle accordingly. Tuck in the ends of the wire. Finally, hot glue the burlap around your jar and insert and light your tea light.
I thought six of these spelling out “boo” and “eek” would be really cute on the mantel for Halloween. Hope you try it out!
Latest posts by Dinah Wulf (see all)
- 20 Cool Must Do Stenciling Projects - May 22, 2015
- DIY Accordion Paper Butterflies with ASTROBRIGHTS® Papers - May 20, 2015
- Planting Succulents in Thrift Store Vases - May 19, 2015
- Easy Ways to Declutter and Improve Your Garage - May 18, 2015
- Photo Craft Project Ideas - May 15, 2015