DIY Ribbon Board
I always see these cute ribbon boards at gift shops, catalogues, and craft fairs. They are great for organization for an office or (in my case) my daughter’s room. I made this DIY Ribbon Board for items such as her hair bows, clips, and photographs.
Another reason I wanted to make this DIY Ribbon Board is because the my daughter’s first baby blanket was getting worn out by the washing machine and I wanted to preserve it somehow, without hiding it in a keepsake trunk where no one would see it. Here is how I made it.
- Old painting or frame and canvas
- Staple Gun
- Paint (optional)
- Pliers (if you are using an existing painting)
I had this old painting that was sitting in a box in my garage.
I turned it over and discovered that I needed to use pliers to remove the staples. Remove the canvas.
I took my daughters first baby blanket, trimmed it, and stapled it taut to the canvas.
I decided to paint my frame. I used two coats of paint plus a touch up.
In the meantime, while waiting for the paint to dry, I cut out my strips of ribbon, laying them out in the desired pattern.
One by one, I stapled each ribbon bottom to top and left to right (or vice versa), and then weaving bottom to top right to left. I also stapled the ribbon to the edge of the canvas to make it more secure.
Finally, when the paint is completely dry, (I waited overnight), insert the canvas.
Here are some close up and after pictures.
Thank you for reading!
Latest posts by Dinah Wulf (see all)
- 10 Awesome Craft Ideas for Teens - February 12, 2016
- Printable Valentine Gift Tags - February 10, 2016
- Clever Tips for Cleaning Your Vehicle with Vinegar - February 8, 2016
- Quick and Easy Valentine Treats - February 5, 2016
- Pencil Valentine Printables - February 3, 2016