Family Photo Wall
I was pretty happy after I sat back and looked at my family photo wall, so I decided to blog about it. My friends seem to ask me for tips all the time on the subject, and my friend Jenny and I are known for rearranging photo walls at our mutual friend’s homes.
Here are some ideas I hope you can use if you want to create something similar.
- I decided to stick to three types of frames only: black, silver, and dark wood.
- I used all black and white photos because I thought it made it look more modern.
- I used a variety of frame sizes: 8X10, 5X7, 4X6
- I kept one horizontal imaginary straight line all the way across the wall and placed the photos above or below the line.
- I started with the larger frames in, and worked my way out using smaller frames.
- I used a photo mat for most of the photos which created a little more dimension.
- Social networking sites are a great resource to get family photos if your collection is lacking.
- Most importantly, Command Strips are DEFINITELY the way to go when hanging ANY picture frames. No holes!!! You can get them at any retail store like Target or Walmart for a few dollars. It also makes it easier, because you don’t have to worry about aligning a nail and frame hook.
Here’s another picture.
Hope this helps! For more picture hanging tips, click here.
Here’s another quick idea. I love taking photo booth pictures. Instead of hiding them in drawers, display them with a matted frame and decorative scrapbook paper!
Latest posts by Dinah Wulf (see all)
- 10 Awesome Craft Ideas for Teens - February 12, 2016
- Printable Valentine Gift Tags - February 10, 2016
- Clever Tips for Cleaning Your Vehicle with Vinegar - February 8, 2016
- Quick and Easy Valentine Treats - February 5, 2016
- Pencil Valentine Printables - February 3, 2016