Father’s Day Bouquet
Here is something you can do last minute for Father’s Day. I hope I’m not posting it too late, but I’m taking the chance that my husband won’t look at my website until Monday! It’s very easy and inexpensive.
I think many of us enjoy receiving bouquets of flowers, however for many men in our life, I think they’d rather enjoy this Father’s Day Bouquet. Here are the main materials needed:
- Gifts for your recipient (see below)
- Container (preferably recycled!)
- Foam or floral foam that will fit inside the container
- BBQ Skewers
- Hot glue gun and glue sticks
- Card stock
- Computer (optional)
- Ribbon (optional)
- Stuffing (preferably recycled!)
Gift ideas for your bouquet:
- Candy bars
- Wrapped cookies
- Matchbook or lighter
- Mini liquor bottles
- Beef sticks
- Small packages of cookies, crackers, pretzels, etc.
- Travel sized items (deodorant, shave gel, razors)
- Concert, movie, or game tickets
- Gift cards
First, insert the foam into your container.
Next, using your glue gun, attach each gift item to a BBQ skewer. I used a small piece of card stock to make it more secure and aesthetically pleasing from the back. The best part of this project is that you can change the size of your skewer accordingly by breaking it. Start long, and break it as needed. I glued the entire skewer and broke each one as I made the arrangement. Another great thing about this project is that you can take out and insert each skewer anytime to create the desired arrangement.
Lastly, I used made a small sign on my computer, framed it with decorative scrapbook paper, and glued it to the skewer as part of the bouquet. I embellished it with ribbon and stuffed the inside with recycled phone book paper (who uses the phone book anyway???).
There you have it! A manly Father’s Day Bouquet! Here’s another photo
Latest posts by Dinah Wulf (see all)
- DIY Christmas Card Display - November 24, 2014
- Easy Mini Winter Scene in a Cloche - November 21, 2014
- My Craft Room: Inspiration, Creativity, & Tradition - November 20, 2014
- Ten Easy Elf on the Shelf Ideas - November 19, 2014
- Playhouse DIY Mini Makeover - November 17, 2014