Hand Turkey Candy Dishes
Hand Turkey Candy Dishes is sponsored by SweetWorks, Inc. All opinions are 100% my own.
My three year old daughter, Mia, and I had so much fun making these cute little hand turkey candy dishes. We thought it’d be fun to place at the kids dinner table at a Thanksgiving party we are having with our friends. Here is how we made them!
- Plastic cup (one per dish)
- Festive colored paper
- Double sided-tape
- Wiggly eyes
- Your favorite SweetWorks candies
The first thing we did was trace Mia’s hands. Mia had to get the hang of it, but with my help and A LOT of erasing, we did it! We traced a right and left hand for each candy dish in different colors.
I cut them out for her because she’s still a little too young, but she was right there cheering me on!
Next, we cut out a circle for the head, a triangle for the beak, and a little free hand squiggly for the turkey’s wattle (don’t worry I just had to Google “what is the red thing on a turkey’s throat”…ha!). We glued them all together and added two large wiggly eyes.
Next we used double-sided tape to put it all together!
We filled it with Mia’s favorite Sixlets candy coated chocolates in metallic festive colors. Consider filling it with red, yellow, and orange SweetWorks chocolate balls too! Here is out finished product!
THANK YOU to SweetWorks, Inc. for sponsoring this post!
Latest posts by Dinah Wulf (see all)
- 32 Cheap and Easy Crafts You Can Make from Dollar Bin Items - May 29, 2015
- Frozen Fever Birthday Party Bunting - May 27, 2015
- Supporting Anti-Bullying: My Personal Story - May 26, 2015
- Repurposed Yoghurt Container Turned Succulent Pot - May 25, 2015
- 20 Cool Must Do Stenciling Projects - May 22, 2015