It’s July, 23rd, or as you would say it, “Jew-lie tweny toid.” Happy Fourth Birthday, Mia! Last year I wrote you a letter on your birthday on my blog, and I thought I’d continue the tradition. I had fun reading it just now to see how much you have grown over the last 12 short months. You are the BIG 4 now, and like I’m sure every parent can attest, I have no idea where the time went. This year has been SO fun. Your little personality is no longer little actually. It’s quite LARGE. Here are some things I want you to remember this year:
- You started dance class with your two best friends, Becca and Taylor, this year and had your first recital. It was a tap dance to Animal Crackers in My Soup. As much as I hated putting the required make-up on your face, it was the most adorable thing I have ever seen. I cried.
- You also started soccer and you love it, making Dad the happiest man on earth. I think Dad cried.
- In Preschool I am told that you like to play Mommy and Baby still. You came home one day and told me about who was marrying whom in your class and I just about fainted. Come on. You’re three. Boys already?
- When you are at home you prefer to walk around in your underwear only.
- You are a pro at traveling now and have been a great travel buddy through long car rides, lay overs, and airplane rides.
- You, your Dad, and I have dance parties in our living room on the weekend and you like to shout “Shake your tail feathers!”
- You went to your first baseball game at Dodger Stadium.
- Your first concert was Rocket from the Crypt after the horse races in Del Mar.
- Surprisingly you know A LOT of words to many Top 40 songs on the radio.
- You know how to write and spell you name!
- One of my favorite times of the day is reading to you before you go to bed.
- Your favorite stuffed animals are “Ducky” (a yellow duck you won at the Orange County Fair) and Lamby Toot Toot (you named them both).
- You saw your first movie, Frozen.
- You love driving with the windows down and buckling your dolls and Lamby Toot Toot in the seat next to you.
Once again, I wanted to cut and paste the funny Facebook statuses I wrote about you, starting from the most recent:
July 6, 2014:
“Remind me to wear pants and socks on my hands next time we go to the park so that I can play on the playground. It’s too hot!” –Mia
June 26, 2014:
Mia was crying and upset because her car seat was hurting her and then Iggy Azalea came on the radio and she started rapping through her tears. She is SO my child!
June 25, 2014:
Mia was arranging her little chairs with blankets on top and I asked, “Are you making a fort?” She replies, “Yes, I’m making a fort of July!”
June 15, 2014:
“Happy Father’s Day to my Daddy who let’s me eat chips and dip and gummy bears right before dinner, plays Captain Hook with me and let’s me run around the house with a wire hanger, and retorts to my sassy attitude with Your Mom jokes. I love you more than anything (besides Mom, of course).” –Mia
May 21, 2014:
Mia just said: “Mama, I’d like to go to the Aquarium but we have to pick up Lilly, Becca, and Taylor. I also want to pick up Coco, but there’s not room so call her Mama to see if it’s OK that she sit in the back of the trunk.”
May 14, 2014:
Mia: Mommy I’m too scared to go to the doctor!
Me: Then stop sticking gold fish up your nose.
April 17, 2014:
“Mama, my I please have some candy while I wait for the bananas to ripen?” Mia, age 3
April 5, 2014:
Only my husband can quote Cyprus Hill while playing Sesame Street with our little lady.
March 31, 2014:
Fun Fact by Mia Wulf, age 3: “Did you know that iPads can pause while someone goes to the bathroom?”
February 18, 2014:
At dinner tonight Mike asked Mia, “If you had 3 wishes what would you wish for?” Mia answered, 1) for Mommy to do a craft with me, 2) for a stuffed animal frog, and 3) for Daddy to shave his beard!
February 5, 2014:
Mike: What do you want to be when you grow up?
Mia: A Doctor!
Mike and Me: Yes!!! (high five)
Mia: … AND a Tooth Fairy!!!!
January 10, 2014:
You know your husband’s a good father when he kisses Mia’s baby doll goodbye when he leaves for work only after he dresses it up (backwards I might add).
January 4, 2014:
“Mommy, you better bust a cap in daddy’s booty.” – Mia, age 3
December 20, 2013:
“Mommy, we better leave a sweater jacket for Santa to give to Mrs. Claus. She would like that.” – Mia, 3 YO
October 2: 2013:
Parenting Tip #12: QC your purse before you sit in a full waiting room with your toddler, because when they get bored from waiting and pull out the tampons and shout, “Hey, Mama! This is for your butt!”, it’s not fun…at all.
August 13, 2013:
This is my 8th time circling the airport to pick up my mom and Mia is yelling out the window “Peeeeeeeww! Smell my stinky toes!”
August 12, 2013:
Gotta love when your three year old can’t stop singing “I’m up all night to get lucky!”
August 3, 2013:
Mia: (gasp) Mama! You have scratches all over you!
Me: Those are called stretch marks.
Mia: Well, you better wipe those stretch marks off!
July 30, 2013:
Me: What is there a helicopter circling our neighborhood? It’s making me nervous.
Mia: I’m nervous too and Daddy’s nervous. Auntie Jennifer, The babies, Becca, Tiffany are nervous. Tito and Tita My are nervous. Auntie Katie and Taylor are nervous too.
Mia: Grandma and Grandpa are nervous too.
Happy 4th Birthday, my little lady. Mommy and Daddy love you more than you know!