Haunted Halloween Pictures
Here is another last minute Halloween party decorating idea you can do the day before your party using scrapbook paper. As with most projects, my goals include projects that are inexpensive, easy, and make an impact. All you need for this Haunted Halloween Pictures project is:
- Scrapbook paper (red, black, gray, gold)
- Glue stick
- Decorative edged craft scissors
I made my own haunted picture and portrait gallery on a blank wall for a Halloween party one year. All I did was print 8X10 black and white and colored pictures and portraits on my computer. I made boarders out of scrapbook paper and used decorative scissors for the edge. I made creative name gold plates out of paper as well and embellished some of the with rhinestones. For example, I used red rhinestones for eyes or a colored rhinestone as a pendant on a necklace.
With a little bit of internet research I came up with these fake names for my “gold” templates.
- The Sea Witch, 1951 (This was a picture of a haunted clipper ship)
- Francis Denison of Yorkshire
- Clifford Carter of Somerset
- James & Emily Norman of Dorset
- The Maygrove Estate of Middlesex (picture of a haunted mansion)
- Faye Birch of Worchestershire
- Isabelle Heath of Kent
- Gale Bowdin of Buckinghamshire
- Jeanlyn Lewis of Cumberland (this was named after my evil step-monster)
Here are some photos.
I hung these on a blank wall and threaded fake cobwebs from portrait to portrait for an even more eerie effect. What is great about this project is that they store very easily and can be used year after year. And even better, each photo cost less than two dollars to make!
You May Also Like:
Halloween Costume Ideas:
- How to make a gory Headless man or Headless woman costume
- How to creep out your toddler’s costume
- How to make your own Angel or Butterfly Wings
- A step by step tutorial on Tea Staining clothing
DIY Halloween Decorations:
- Honor your Halloween party guests by making an Insane Asylum Patient Hall of Fame
- Glam up boring Halloween decorations with glitter
- Make your own tombstones out of recycled boxes
- Tips for making the best Mad Scientist Specimen Lab
- Low cost ideas for a Pirate theme party