Just Add Ice Cream
I remember being inspired by this idea on Tip Junkie and I finally got around to doing it.
My husband and I were invited to a November BBQ (California LOVE). I put this “Just Add Ice Cream” idea together as a quick and easy hostess gift. I picked up all this yummy goodness (basket, sugar cones, cherries, Magic shell, sprinkles, Gummy Bears, chocolate chips) at Target for less than twenty dollars and even had extra for a second gift.
I turned this:
Here are some budget saving tips:
- Check the dollar bin! I found this adorable black and white basket for only one dollar.
- The hosts for this party have two sons. I found this animal variety of sprinkles for less than five dollars and separated them into six different packages using inexpensive treat bags from the craft store. Also consider adding fudge, caramel, wafer sticks, nuts, M&M’s, crumbled cookies.
- Use your computer, paper scraps, and ribbon for embellishments, instead of buying a card.
- Use a Ziploc bag to keep the ice cream cones fresh. You can always fold and hide the seal with clear tape and ribbon.
Holidays equals many parties! Here are some other similar Do It Yourself hostess gift ideas:
- Hot Chocolate: hot chocolate, peppermint sticks, marshmallows, mugs, “just add water” note
- S’mores: Graham crackers, chocolate cracker, chocolate, marshmallows, caramel, sticks, flame (or “just add fire”)
- Movie Night: popcorn, candy, movie passes or an inexpensive DVD, popcorn bucket (these are always in the dollar bins)
**I heart comments! If you have any comments, ideas, or suggestions, please feel free to comment below. Is there a craft project you want me to try? I’ll gladly do my best to take on your craft challenge and I’m always looking for new ideas! Just let me know! Also, if you have a project you’d like to share, please email me at email@example.com.