Last Minute Party Appetizers
Every year we go to my best friend’s house for the Fourth of July. It’s a casual potluck style get together and I always have a ton of fun. This year I was assigned appetizers. Although I didn’t know this until yesterday I was able to put together some fun festive last minute party appetizers.
Finger foods work best, in my opinion, at casual outdoor parties like this one. You don’t have to worry about supplying/holding/throwing away utensils. My favorite “party utensil” is the toothpick or skewer. It’s so easy to put together and they look great too.
This year, I went with the red, white, and blue theme and made raspberries, star shaped marshmallows, and blackberries on toothpicks.
I also make skewers with cold tortellini with Italian dressing, salami, and cheese. I made little festive flags on my computer and printed them on address labels.
Some other toothpick/skewer last minute party appetizers to consider are:
- Any combination of fruit
- Any combination of veggies
- Cucumber, olives, blue cheese, and tomato
- Mozzarella, basil, and cherry tomato
- Gorgonzola, apple, bacon
- Deli meat, cucumber, tomato
- Any combination of gummy candies
- Any combination of deli meat, cheese, and tomato
- The more colorful the better
- Consider using a small cookie cutter for fruit and such
- Marshmallows are inexpensive and can be dipped in chocolate, sprinkles, or melted candy to fit any party theme.
- Gummy skewers are fun for candy bars. They can also be wrapped in a clear plastic treat bag, tied with ribbon, and given as a party favor.