Mad Hatter Top Hat Gift Basket
OK. I PROMISE this will be the last Mad Hatter post I will do for a while but I just HAD to post the Mad Hatter Top Hat Gift Basket that the guest of honor made for all the attendees of the baby shower I have been posting about! It was just absolutely adorable. Better yet, she raided KFC for buckets and upcycled them into these adorable DIY gifts.
- Cardboard buckets
- Paint brush
- Chalkboard paint
- Circle cutter
- Black cardstock
- Cutting mat
- Labels and butterfly punches (optional)
- Tissue paper
Maily got mini KFC buckets from the restaurant, which was the perfect size. She cut out 12” black circles and then traced the large side of the bucket onto the hat to create a ring that she glued on. She painted the bucket with black chalkboard paint and let them dry.
Maily’s all about the details! She tied colorful tulle around each hat.
She also glued different patterned butterflies that she cut out with a craft punch.
She also made a personalized ‘thank you” label that looked like a clock with each guests name.
Inside, Maily filled the top hat gift basket with goodies.
All of them fit the Mad Hatter theme. She put a “drink me” label on some tea and “eat me” on the gourmet popcorn.
She also was generous enough to give each couple a pair movie passes in box labeled, “I’m late for a very important date!”
Isn’t it so cute? I love it!
Maily is also the mastermind behind this awesome Hello Kitty Party. Check it out!
If you need more Mad Hatter and Alice in Wonderland inspiration check out these posts:
- Tea Party Themed Candy Station
- Upcycled Thrift Store Teapots
- Upcycled Thrift Store Tea Cups
- Upcycled Thrift Store DIY Dessert Stands
- Mad Hatter Tea Party Hat Decoration
- Mad Hatter Tea Party Chair Centerpieces
- Mad Hatter Tea Party Centerpieces & Ideas
Latest posts by Dinah Wulf (see all)
- Minnie Mouse Birthday Party - September 2, 2015
- The GMC DIY Challenge is Live - September 1, 2015
- Smart DIY Ideas to Help Prepare Your Home for Fall - August 31, 2015
- How to Throw a Fabulous Glam-O-Ween Party - August 28, 2015
- How to Make Paper Pumpkins for Fall - August 26, 2015