Monogram Wooden Wagon Plaque DIY
I made some paper decorations for the Fourth of July parade coming up and I couldn’t resist but add a little extra pizazz to our wagon we bought on Craigslist, hence my Monogram Wooden Wagon Plaque DIY. I actually had everything stalked in my craft room (I know I have a problem), so I didn’t have to go buy anything new. I only needed a few things.
- Wood Plaque (I think I bought this one at Walmart)
- Wooden letter
- Foam Brushes
- Wood Glue or Other Adhesive
Here is a photo of the wagon before I painted it.
I painted the wooden sides with Krylon’s blue ocean breeze.
I had this wooden plaque and a wooden “w” for our last name which happen to fit perfectly on the back of the wagon.
I painted the plaque white with red trim and the “w” black.
Unfinished wood dries very quickly, so I was able to glue the letter on almost immediately. I ended up using E6000 because it dries quickly and I find it works well. You can also use wood glue.
I removed the wooden back of the wagon and glued on the plaque to the back.
Here is the AFTER! I can’t wait to decorate it again for the Fourth of July parade. In case you missed it, check out the easy paper decorations I made.
You may also like these other fun upcycles I did for my daughter:
- DIY Kitchen Playset
- Upcycled Fabric Duck Tape Shelves
- Upcycled Step Stool Tutorial
- Refurbished Radio Flyer Wooden Toy Horse
- Stuffed Animal Toy Storage
- Reading Nook for Kids
Latest posts by Dinah Wulf (see all)
- 10 Awesome Craft Ideas for Teens - February 12, 2016
- Printable Valentine Gift Tags - February 10, 2016
- Clever Tips for Cleaning Your Vehicle with Vinegar - February 8, 2016
- Quick and Easy Valentine Treats - February 5, 2016
- Pencil Valentine Printables - February 3, 2016