Old Mirror Facelift
Man, have I upcycled some mirrors in my past! This old mirror facelift isn’t my first. To give you a rundown, I have done:
- Two Toned Metallic Mirror Makeover
- Easy Thrift Store Mirror Update
- DIY Serving Tray: A Mirror Makeover
- OK so it’s not really that many (I swear it seemed like more) but I have another one on the way.
I have had this beautiful mirror for many years. It was given to me by my best friend’s Grandparents as a gift. We repainted the inside of the house including the mantel and it didn’t look quite right anymore. With her blessing, I gave it a little bit of an update to match my new brick mantel makeover.
You can see the BEFORE in this picture… and probably in several of my posts in the background. This photo was taken last year when I did a tutorial for Recycled T Shirt Bunting for Thanksgiving.
Anyway, I took it down, and decided to give it a mini-facelift. Using painters tape and newspaper I covered the mirror completely.
I spray painted it with a paint and primer in one.
I did this other mirror too for our bathroom. See? I knew I had more mirrors! Just kidding… this one isn’t the one I mentioned earlier. That one is coming soon!
Doesn’t it look more updated? I think it looks beautiful and timeless in black.
Here’s the mirror in the bathroom.
It only took a couple hours including drying time to paint the two. It was definitely worth it!
Latest posts by Dinah Wulf (see all)
- 32 Cheap and Easy Crafts You Can Make from Dollar Bin Items - May 29, 2015
- Frozen Fever Birthday Party Bunting - May 27, 2015
- Supporting Anti-Bullying: My Personal Story - May 26, 2015
- Repurposed Yoghurt Container Turned Succulent Pot - May 25, 2015
- 20 Cool Must Do Stenciling Projects - May 22, 2015