Places To Go: Arenbeology
My family and I were out one day shopping in Costa Mesa. While in route, I almost caused a car accident because I saw a sign on the side of the road that said, “100% Reclaimed Wood”, and yelled out for my husband to stop. Being used to this, he pulled over without question.
The sign led us to a small shop in what looked like an office complex. Outside, on this sunny Sunday afternoon, were several pieces of gorgeous furniture. As my husband and daughter waited in the car, I went inside to check out more.
I can sum up this experience in three words, I WANTED EVERYTHING. The shop, Arenbeology embodied my motto, “Repurpose, Reinvent.” I briefly met a few friendly faces, Ryan Jestin, the Owner and his employee, Ted who invited me to look further at the look book sitting at this beautifully crafted dining table. They both explained that anything can be custom made based on your specifications and that each piece was unique and made from local reclaimed wood from old warehouses and other buildings in California. The pictures shown are some of my favorite pieces on their website.
If you are lucky enough to live locally in Southern California, here is some information.
- Open Saturdays 10:30-4, Sundays 12-4
- Open on weekdays by appt.
- 3303 Harbor Blvd Unit K4
- Costa Mesa, CA 92626
- Phone: (714) 812-6772
If not, feel free to visit their website here.
Latest posts by Dinah Wulf (see all)
- The GMC DIY Challenge is Live - September 1, 2015
- Smart DIY Ideas to Help Prepare Your Home for Fall - August 31, 2015
- How to Throw a Fabulous Glam-O-Ween Party - August 28, 2015
- How to Make Paper Pumpkins for Fall - August 26, 2015
- A Dozen Uses for DIY Photo Clips - August 24, 2015