Rapunzel Invitation DIY with Yarn Hair
One of my best friend’s daughters is turning four! So many soon-to-be four year olds love Disney Princesses. Recently I made a Little Mermaid clam shell birthday card for our other bestie and this time, I volunteered to make a Rapunzel invitation for a Tangled themed party. I perused Pinterest for some ideas and inspiration and I found some great ones, but ended up making a version of my own. Here is how I made them.
- Purple cardstock
- Yellow cardstock
- Black cardstock
- Stone printed scrapbook paper
- Purple ribbon
- Craft roses
- Paper cutter
- Hot glue and glue gun
- Glue stick
Prepare your pieces as shown. These are the measurements amounts per one Rapunzel invitation. Keep in mind that my friends did not need envelopes because she was hand delivering each invite, so measurements will differ in order to fit inside envelopes.
- 2 – 8” Long Purple Ribbon
- 9 – 8” Long Yellow Yarn
- 1 – 2.5” X 6” Stone Tower
- 1 – 3” X 4.25” Yellow Background
- 1 – 3” X 2.5” Purple Rectangle
- 1 – 3” X 4.25” Purple Rectangle
- 1 – 2” X 1.75” Black Rectangle
Next, cut the purple rectangles into triangles, and the black rectangles into windows, using a pencil and ruler to measure.
I designed printed out my message on 2.5” X 4.25” paper. It says, “Come let your hair down. We are celebrating Taylor’s birthday!”
I assembled the invitation as shown with a glue stick, using the small purple triangle.
Next, I bunched 9 pieces of yarn and 1 purple ribbon and taped it to the larger triangle.
I braided the hair and then hot glued the black window on top.
I hot glued three ribbon craft flowers onto the hair.
Lastly, I hot glued the hair falling out of the window onto the invitation. Here it is!
I also made a little castle out of left overs to make some unique gift wrapping for her gift. We can’t wait to give it to her!
Need some more Disney Themed Ideas? Check out these posts!
- DIY Little Mermaid Card or Invitation
- DIY Disney Princess Costumes
- Mad Hatter Tea Party Centerpieces & Ideas
- Alice in Wonderland First Birthday Party
- DIY No Sew Tutu
Latest posts by Dinah Wulf (see all)
- Easy Mini Winter Scene in a Cloche - November 21, 2014
- My Craft Room: Inspiration, Creativity, & Tradition - November 20, 2014
- Ten Easy Elf on the Shelf Ideas - November 19, 2014
- Playhouse DIY Mini Makeover - November 17, 2014
- Easy Christmas DIY Ideas - November 14, 2014