Repurposed Phonebook Flowers
I don’t know why I get SO annoyed when this shows up at my front door step.
The phonebook. Every year I get it; it stays in the plastic bag and gets shoved in this cupboard I can’t reach above my stove. When I get the next one, I throw the old one away (still in the bag). Since the internet and mobile phones, I don’t even know why they still waste paper and continue printing them. I mean, will my daughter ever even know what the phonebook is?
Anyway, in mid disposal and very close to committing DIY Inspired blasphemy, I remembered that I could not simply throw out this phonebook rather I would have to do my crafty diligence and repurpose it into something new.
I have experience with creatively recycling old books. I have made a book page wreath, book page water colored flowers, book page magnets, and I even hollowed out an old antique book to make a book safe. Since I get so vexed with its arrival, I decided I wanted to turn this phonebook into something pretty. Paper flowers were my answer.
There are several origami flower tutorials online. I decided on a variation of a Kusudama flower tutorial from Folding Trees. For origami tutorials, I think it’s best to just show the pictures of this repurposed phonebook flowers.
It’s quite simple. I used 6”X6” pages using a paper cutter. Each flower uses five square sheets. You can make them any size you wish. Consider using them to adorn gifts, make a garland, or make an entire bouquet. Here are a couple after photos.
Ok, so that’s two down, at five pages per flower and 1000 pages in the phonebook…uh…
More Paper Flower Tutorials:
- Easy Coffee Filter Flowers
- Water Colored Book Page Roses
- Recycled Phone Book Origami Paper Flower
- Recycled Coin Wrapper Paper Flower
- Book Page Paper Flower Magnet
- Back to School Teacher Bouquet
- Coffee Filter Flower Gift Wrapping
- Toilet Paper Roll Flower Ornament
- How to Dye Coffee Filter Flowers
- Animal Print Accordion Flowers for a Tween Birthday
- Paper Flowers Made from Napkins
Latest posts by Dinah Wulf (see all)
- Frozen Fever Birthday Party Bunting - May 27, 2015
- Supporting Anti-Bullying: My Personal Story - May 26, 2015
- Repurposed Yoghurt Container Turned Succulent Pot - May 25, 2015
- 20 Cool Must Do Stenciling Projects - May 22, 2015
- DIY Accordion Paper Butterflies with ASTROBRIGHTS® Papers - May 20, 2015