Rhum Apple Cranberry Cider Recipe
Happy New Year…. It’s time to get use to writing the year 2013. Where did the time go? I hope it’s been a good year for everyone and it continues into the New Year…. It’s been a cold December and it has not warmed up yet in January. It’s time to enjoy a glass of spiked cider. The recipe below can be enjoyed as a nonalcoholic beverage. Here is my Rhum Apple Cranberry Cider Recipe.
Apple Cranberry Cider Recipe:
- 2 quarts (8 cups) Apple juice
- 2 cups cranberry juice
- ½ cup Pure Maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon Whole Nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon Whole Cloves
- 1 teaspoon Fresh Ginger
- 3 Cinnamon sticks
Pour juice into a tall pot with a lid and turn on heat to high. Prepare spices and add to pot. When pot reaches a boil, turn to the lowest setting. Let simmer about 15 minutes. Strain the cider through a fine sieve onto a second pot. Return cider to heat source or pour into a crock pot to keep warm. Ladle into mugs and enjoy.
When picking out apple juice, read the label and try to get juice without added sugar – often called “apple cider” instead of “apple juice” by some companies. Unfiltered juice (which looks a little foggy) is our favorite when we can find it.
Rhum Apple-Cranberry Cider recipe:
- 1½ oz. Gosling’s Black Seal Rum
- 5 oz. Apple-Cranberry Cider
In a footed mug or mug add ingredients. Garnish with a thin slice of lemon peel. The garnish will also add a hint of citrus to the taste and aroma.
DRINK RESPONSIBLE & DRINK SMART!HaPpY NeW YeAr 2013!!!
Written By David Edessa
Check out all of David’s FANTASTIC cocktail party recipes! Find the perfect one for any occasion.
Latest posts by Dinah Wulf (see all)
- Repurposed Yoghurt Container Turned Succulent Pot - May 25, 2015
- 20 Cool Must Do Stenciling Projects - May 22, 2015
- DIY Accordion Paper Butterflies with ASTROBRIGHTS® Papers - May 20, 2015
- Planting Succulents in Thrift Store Vases - May 19, 2015
- Easy Ways to Declutter and Improve Your Garage - May 18, 2015