Summer 2012 Project Round Up
September 22nd is the first day of fall! I wanted to end the summer with a recap of some of my favorite DIY Inspired’s summer projects and party inspiration. Here is my top eight summer 2012 Project Round Up.
- Recycled Book Page Butterfly Wreath – Full step by step photo tutorial for a wreath I made out of an old book, a coat hanger, and branches from my back yard.
- DIY Cake Stand – Make your own cupcake stand or party serving tray with thrift store finds.
- Owl Themed Invitations – A detailed step by step tutorial and YouTube video on how to make these adorable invitations with moving wings for an owl themed party. This is perfect for a baby shower or kid’s birthday party.
- Summer Birthday Party – A butterfly and garden inspired birthday party complete with a cupcake decorating station and stacked hot dog bar and hot dog recipe suggestions. Also check out a short three minute YouTube video of the complete party details.
- Stenciled Butterfly Wall Art – An easy way to upcycle an old unwanted painting with burlap, stencils, and butterflies perfect for a little girls bedroom.
- Junk Drawer Crafts – Make magnets out of bottle caps, paint color swatches, Scrabble tiles, and old plastic gift cards, perfect for stocking stuffers or a fundraising event.
- Repurposed Plant Hanger – A whimsical butterfly inspired chandelier made out of a unwanted plant hanger.
- Recycled Jar Tea Light – Make your own tea light lanterns out of recycled jars and burlap for less than $1.
I had so much fun this summer creating these projects. These were just eight of my favorites. I’m looking forward to the fall and the upcoming Holidays!
Latest posts by Dinah Wulf (see all)
- Supporting Anti-Bullying: My Personal Story - May 26, 2015
- Repurposed Yoghurt Container Turned Succulent Pot - May 25, 2015
- 20 Cool Must Do Stenciling Projects - May 22, 2015
- DIY Accordion Paper Butterflies with ASTROBRIGHTS® Papers - May 20, 2015
- Planting Succulents in Thrift Store Vases - May 19, 2015