Summer Birthday Party Food and Drink
Since I had so much to share for my daughter’s birthday party I broke the posts into: Summer Birthday Party Sneak Peek, Summer Birthday Party Decorations, and today’s post Summer Birthday Party Food and Drink. Let’s get to it!
We had a hot dog bar complete with all the toppings, sauces, and recipe suggestions. Here are the Hot Dog Recipes I used:
- LA Mexican- Jalapenos and bacon
- Texas- BBQ, cheddar, onions
- New York- mustard and sauerkraut
- Coney Island- chili, mustard, onion
- Southern- ketchup, mustard, onions, pickles, chili
- Chicago- mustard, relish, tomatoes, onions, pickles, peppers, celery salt
- Hawaiian- ham, pineapple, onion, mayo
- Southwest- Corn, olives, cheese, onions, ranch
- Mia- EVERYTHING!
For sides I served potato salad, fruit skewers, party mix, chips, pretzels, jello with whipped cream, and cookies.
I used a dresser to display the drinks. I also kept the extra hot dog buns and chips in the drawers for easy access. I simply made lemonade with sliced lemons, and strawberry lemonade with sliced strawberries. I also have a jug of ice water on hand and a bottle of citrus vodka if the adults wanted to add a little kick to their drinks!
Decorate Your Own Cupcake
This station was a hit because it doubled as an activity for the kids. It also made it cheap and easy to get plain non decorated cupcakes. The topping I put out were chocolate chips, mini M&M’s, marshmallows, mini Oreos, gum drops, and chocolate balls. I also had caramel, chocolate, raspberry sauces and whipped cream.
The party was a blast! I couldn’t thank my friends and family enough for all the help!!
Latest posts by Dinah Wulf (see all)
- A Dozen St. Patrick’s Day Ideas - March 7, 2014
- DIY Spring Bunting and Gift Box Set - March 6, 2014
- St. Patrick’s Day Fabric Scrap and Burlap Scrap Bunting - March 5, 2014