The Groves Antique Market
My family and I love to spend weekends outside. Lucky for us, there are a lot of fun places to go and things to do here in Southern California. I always enter local flea markets in my phone’s calendar for months ahead of time. That way, if we are bored or can’t think of what to do, I have a backup plan. This time, The Groves Antique Market popped up on my little calendar reminder.
I can’t believe it took us so long to go! This place was so much fun and it was free! We always drive by this park because it is right off the freeway and it is known for the giant orange hot air balloon ride iconic of the orange groves of Orange County California.
If you park in the first parking lot, you enter through the Farmer’s Market.
There, you’ll find fresh fruits and vegetables, local honey and tea, freshly baked goods and roasted peanuts.
When you get down the first aisle, you’ll come to the aromatic row of food trucks.
Everyone brings their dogs and there’s even live music.
Across the pathway, there is another parking lot filled with several aisles of antique vendors, many of which I have seen at other flea markets like the Long Beach Antique Swap Meet and the Jamestown Village Flea Market.
At the end of our day on our way out we checked out the row of classic cars on display.
Here is some information taken from their website:
- 1st Sunday of Every Month
- Time(s):7:00am – 2:00pm
- Location: Festival Site
- Free Parking & Admission
- Orange County’s popular antiques, fine art and collectibles market is now at the Great Park Festival Site.
- On the first Sunday of every month, the Groves Antiques Market will be located right next to the weekly Great Park Famers Market.
- For more information, please call (949) 786-5277
Do you like to go to flea markets? Have any bargaining tips? Leave a comment!
Latest posts by Dinah Wulf (see all)
- A Dozen St. Patrick’s Day Ideas - March 7, 2014
- DIY Spring Bunting and Gift Box Set - March 6, 2014
- St. Patrick’s Day Fabric Scrap and Burlap Scrap Bunting - March 5, 2014