Three Holiday Party Tips with The Bouqs
Thank you to The Bouqs for sponsoring this holiday party tips post. All opinions are 100% my own.
When hosting a dinner party, there are several tips that I personally like to keep in mind. Today, I wanted to share some Holiday Party Tips with Bouqs. Why Bouqs? Here are three reasons:
- The Bouqs cut only what they sell. Other providers source from a supply chain that sees 1 in 3 stems wasted. Across hundreds of thousands of bouquets a year, that’s a lot of wasted land, resources, labor and fuel. They cut only when you order and avoid the waste.
- The Bouqs also save energy through their direct-from-the-farm supply chain. The standard supply chain must keep stems cold for up to 2 weeks, meaning hundreds of hours of refrigeration and the associated energy use. They use cold storage for only 4 days from the Volcano, and not at all from California, resulting in a lot of energy savings.
- Finally, The Bouqs farms provide living wages, childcare, healthcare and adult education. And their growing business supports farm communities, so you can feel good about shopping The Bouqs Company’s flowers.
Not only does Bouqs source only from eco-friendly, sustainable farms that respect the environment and their workers, the process of ordering and delivery experiences are great too. I have never received flower delivery quite like this. The flowers were packed in a way that they cannot get damaged.
Holiday Party Tip #1
Make serving convenient. I created a mini self-serve salad bar as the first course. Not everyone likes all the toppings, dressings, and vegetables you like. Let your guest make their own combinations. You can also do this with dessert bars as well. It doesn’t have to be elaborate. I just used a small long and narrow tray.
Holiday Party Tip #2
Fresh flowers are THE BEST centerpiece, in my opinion when you host parties. I have had two parties so far and my bouquet is still lasting and pretty! You can use them not only on the dinner table, but everywhere in your home. I chose the yellow-green, Hydrangea Antique with Green Solidago for my centerpiece.
Holiday Party Tip #3
Think simple when it comes to small details to make your party stand out, intimate, yet won’t kill you! I simply placed colorful festive scrapbook paper under the plates as a charger.
I also used small photo frames as name cards. Just print the name on your computer and add a glittery backing.
Love what you see about The Bouqs and want to brighten your or a loved ones holiday table? Create an account to receive a 20% off promo code, then order your favorite Bouq for your holiday table or to give to a loved one. Also, The Bouqs wants you to spread the love! Refer friends to Bouqs and they get $10 off their order and you receive a free Bouqs for every two friends that make a purchase.
Enter The Bouqs Giveaway! Win 12 Months of Bouqs!
Register to The Bouqs to receive their 20% off discount code and browse the site to see all of the great Bouqs you can give as a gift to a gracious host or to use to decorate their table for a party.
Answer below in the comments: WHO would you gift a Bouqs to, WHY, AND which Bouqs would you choose? Leave a link or the name of the Bouq. Make it a great comment because that’s how the winner is chosen!
The contest ends on Monday, December 23rd at 10am PST. The winner will be announce the winner at 3pm PST Monday, December 23rd.
Thank you to Bouqs for sponsoring this post!
Latest posts by Dinah Wulf (see all)
- 20 Cool Must Do Stenciling Projects - May 22, 2015
- DIY Accordion Paper Butterflies with ASTROBRIGHTS® Papers - May 20, 2015
- Planting Succulents in Thrift Store Vases - May 19, 2015
- Easy Ways to Declutter and Improve Your Garage - May 18, 2015
- Photo Craft Project Ideas - May 15, 2015