Tissue Box Monster
Seventh Generation came out with the cutest DIY tissue box monster video on YouTube showing appreciation for their one million Facebook fans. Congratulations, Seventh Generation! Check the adorable video out here:
As a fan of Seventh Generation products myself (I love that they promote healthy products, healthy environment, healthy communities, and healthy company!), I decided to make my own DIY tissue box monster. This is the perfect family craft to do with your kids. It’s creative, fun, and quite easy. Even better, you repurpose and reinvent! Oh yeah… make sure you ENTER TO WIN some fabulous Seventh Generation swag, as pictured below, at the end of this post!
For my monster, I decided to make a partner in crime for my Monster wreath since I had some extra feather boas. I started by painting my empty tissue box yellow. I added black (rotten of course) teeth with black construction paper. I wrapped my feather boas around the box and glued it with hot glue.
Next I created my monster feet by painting and cutting a paper towel roll into fourths. I cut a jagged edge on one end and folded them up for toes.
I used scrapbook paper for my monster eye and glued it on. Here he is!
Here he is, a little more sophisticated, with a bow tie.
******Now for the Seventh Generation Swag GIVEAWAY RULES!******
- Must be a U.S. Resident to participate.
- Like DIY Inspired on Facebook (if you haven’t already).
- Leave a comment on ANY DIY Inspired Facebook post with #MonsterEntry anywhere in the comment. The comment doesn’t have to pertain to this post. For example, you can post on a photo that you like, or leave any comment on my Facebook wall.
- You can enter up to five times. One comment with #MonsterEntry = One entry.
- A winner will be chosen at random on Monday, October 29th at midnight PST.
Did I miss anything? Please leave a comment below!