Martha, my love, this bit of inspiration is an example of exactly why I love you so! This Travel Collage is the perfect way to commemorate your memories. It’s June already and that means vacation time! Hopefully I’ll be able to post DIY travel collage after my next trip…
Here’s how to make it from Martha Stewart’s website.
1. Sort through your memorabilia, and pick your favorite bits and pieces. Scan and enlarge them, and print them out in color.
2. Cut a sheet of decorative paper to the size of a poster frame, and affix enlarged mementos to the paper with double-sided tape. Arrange them in a grid pattern, but feel free to be creative. Layer small items on top, and affix with double-sided tape. Write the place and year of your travels on a strip of paper, and tape it along the bottom edge of the decorative paper.
3. Put the collage in the frame, and hang. Now you have an intriguing collage of memories that will be a great conversation piece, as well as a “scrapbook” you can enjoy at a glance.
Looking for more DIY Decorating Ideas? Try:
Latest posts by Dinah Wulf (see all)
- Easy Mini Winter Scene in a Cloche - November 21, 2014
- My Craft Room: Inspiration, Creativity, & Tradition - November 20, 2014
- Ten Easy Elf on the Shelf Ideas - November 19, 2014
- Playhouse DIY Mini Makeover - November 17, 2014
- Easy Christmas DIY Ideas - November 14, 2014