Upcycled Gift Card Charms
Upcycled Gift Card Charms written by Michal Sparks
Being the Mom to a couple of teenagers our life could not move forward without ipods and itunes so as a result we have numerous itunes gift cards. These cards are particularly brightly colored and my daughter Ivy and I got to thinking……We made heart charms that came out so cute and were super easy, fast and fun!
These are a few of the cards we had, any plastic gift card would work.
We cut each card into 8 squares.
Then using just regular scissors, cut the heart shapes.
I cut them free form as I think they look cool a little uneven.
Then we”sanded” them with a basic nail file.
When the hearts got roughed up they took on a whole new look!
Just punch a hole in one corner with a basic craft small hole punch.
Add a jump ring.
We added a little glass seed bead on a head pin for an accent color.
Put it on a chain and you’re done!!
Go crazy, make two for earrings, cut different shapes, maybe squares that link together for a bracelet!
To see more of Michal’s work, visit her Etsy Shop, A Clever Spark!
Latest posts by Dinah Wulf (see all)
- Smart DIY Ideas to Help Prepare Your Home for Fall - August 31, 2015
- How to Throw a Fabulous Glam-O-Ween Party - August 28, 2015
- How to Make Paper Pumpkins for Fall - August 26, 2015
- A Dozen Uses for DIY Photo Clips - August 24, 2015
- Enter to Win the #TruliHome $25K Giveaway - August 21, 2015