Upcycled Gift Card Charms
Upcycled Gift Card Charms written by Michal Sparks
Being the Mom to a couple of teenagers our life could not move forward without ipods and itunes so as a result we have numerous itunes gift cards. These cards are particularly brightly colored and my daughter Ivy and I got to thinking……We made heart charms that came out so cute and were super easy, fast and fun!
These are a few of the cards we had, any plastic gift card would work.
We cut each card into 8 squares.
Then using just regular scissors, cut the heart shapes.
I cut them free form as I think they look cool a little uneven.
Then we”sanded” them with a basic nail file.
When the hearts got roughed up they took on a whole new look!
Just punch a hole in one corner with a basic craft small hole punch.
Add a jump ring.
We added a little glass seed bead on a head pin for an accent color.
Put it on a chain and you’re done!!
Go crazy, make two for earrings, cut different shapes, maybe squares that link together for a bracelet!
To see more of Michal’s work, visit her Etsy Shop, A Clever Spark!
Latest posts by Dinah Wulf (see all)
- 20 Cool Must Do Stenciling Projects - May 22, 2015
- DIY Accordion Paper Butterflies with ASTROBRIGHTS® Papers - May 20, 2015
- Planting Succulents in Thrift Store Vases - May 19, 2015
- Easy Ways to Declutter and Improve Your Garage - May 18, 2015
- Photo Craft Project Ideas - May 15, 2015