Upcycled Thrift Store DIY Dessert Stands
If you’ve been following along with me over the last couple weeks, you may have seen my posts for a Mad Hatter’s Tea Party baby shower I am decorating. I decided to make these Upcycled Thrift Store DIY Dessert Stands for the party but after making them, I’m excited to keep them and use them regularly.
- Glass Covers
- Strong Bonding Agent
I found everything you see here for about $25, which is great because it made two and a half (I took the glass cover of one of my actual dessert stands for the pictures below).
Tip: To easily take off old wax and thrift store price tags, simply run the object in hot water and lightly scrub. It’ll come right off!
Make sure to clean each piece very well with soap and water. After they are dry, use a strong bonding agent to adhere the candlestick to the plate. I used Liquid Fusion, which worked beautifully.
Apply a generous amount to the rim of the candlestick and place it upside down on the center of the bottom of the plate. Allow it to dry for 2-4 hours, or as indicated in the adhesive directions.
Here are a couple photos. I think they turned out great and will be perfect for the Mad Hatter themed tea party.
In case you missed them, here are some other decorations I am doing for this party. I am so excited about it!
- Upcycled Thrift Store Tea Cups
- Mad Hatter Tea Party Hat Decoration
- Mad Hatter Tea Party Chair Centerpieces
- Mad Hatter Tea Party Centerpieces & Ideas
- Upcycled Thrift Store Teapots
Latest posts by Dinah Wulf (see all)
- 10 Awesome Craft Ideas for Teens - February 12, 2016
- Printable Valentine Gift Tags - February 10, 2016
- Clever Tips for Cleaning Your Vehicle with Vinegar - February 8, 2016
- Quick and Easy Valentine Treats - February 5, 2016
- Pencil Valentine Printables - February 3, 2016