Upcycled Thrift Store Teapots
If you can’t tell by now, I have been obsessed with getting ready for a Mad Hatter Tea Party themed baby shower I am decorating. The party isn’t until June but as my friends will tell you I always start WAY in advance for things like this. I like to get the creative juices flowing! The other day I shared my Easy Upcycled Thrift Store Tea Cups and today I am sharing my Upcycled Thrift Store Teapots from all the great finds I got at the Goodwill.
First of all, I have to say that I found some GREAT STUFF at Goodwill. I have a few tips I go by when I thrift shop:
- Don’t buy it just because it’s cheap. Buy it because you love it!
- Ask what the color of the day is, that means it’s 50% off.
- When looking for pieces, think outside the color because that can always be changed.
- Ask for a discount if there is something wrong with the piece.
Here’s all the loot I got this time around. Check out all my thrift store loot the first time around!
Tip number three was helpful in this case because, I was drawn to the shape of these pots, but they didn’t match the décor style I was going for. Here they are BEFORE.
All I did was simply spray paint them with Krylon’s Metallic Gold Paint (two light coats).
Now, a Christmas themed teapot completely fits my décor style for this party. These little flower pots would also make a great DIY gift for a mother, teacher, or friend.
This teapot had a chipped lid, but that’s OK! It was dirt cheap and I don’t need the lid anyway because I am using it as a flower vase. By the way, I will be using fresh flowers at the party…just sayin…
So, thrift store shopping is a fantastic way to save money when decorating for fun events like this! In case you missed it, check out my other ideas I have for this Mad Hatter Tea Party Baby Shower:
- Upcycled Thrift Store Tea Cups
- Mad Hatter Tea Party Hat Decoration
- Mad Hatter Tea Party Chair Centerpieces
- Mad Hatter Tea Party Centerpieces & Ideas