Vodka or Rum Gummy Bears Recipe
Today I am excited to share a party cocktail recipe, Vodka or Rum Gummy Bears Recipe, developed by David Edessa. These are great additions for adult parties for graduation, spring break, or summer barbecues to add a fun and fruity twist to the bar selection.
Written By David Edessa:
- 1 (750 ml) bottle Banana Vodka
- 48 oz. Bag Gummy Bears
- 8 oz. White Cranberry Juice
Fill a glass or ceramic container (container with a lid is ideal) about halfway with gummy bears. Then fill the container with vodka and white cranberry juice till the top of the gummy bears. The ratio of vodka to juice is 3:1. Allow the gummies to swim in the vodka for 24 hours in the refrigerator. If you leave them in the vodka for more than 24 hours, they will get slimy and bloated, so don’t make them too ahead of time. Serve with tooth picks. If you have liquid left behind from the soaking, you have great tasting infused vodka….Drunken Gummy Martinis!!! Or Drunken Gummy Bear Snow Cones (my favorite).
- The soaking time may vary due to the type of candy.
- If you have stale gummy bears, they actually work great!
- You can use rhum if you prefer.
- You can use other gummy candies.
Be careful when eating these adult vodka soaked candies. It’s very difficult to estimate how much alcohol one consumes per gummy bear.
The first batch I made a mistake by not storing the batch in the refrigerator. Also, I had them soaking for three days where it started to dissolve.
For more of David’s original cocktail recipe, visit our very own, Cocktail Corner.
Latest posts by Dinah Wulf (see all)
- Smart DIY Ideas to Help Prepare Your Home for Fall - August 31, 2015
- How to Throw a Fabulous Glam-O-Ween Party - August 28, 2015
- How to Make Paper Pumpkins for Fall - August 26, 2015
- A Dozen Uses for DIY Photo Clips - August 24, 2015
- Enter to Win the #TruliHome $25K Giveaway - August 21, 2015