Ways to Repurpose Record Albums and CD’s
With the emergence of the internet and the ipod or mp3 player, we had to have known that just like eight tracks, records and tapes, CD’s would become obsolete too! Not too long ago, I drove by an old Tower Records building which was about three blocks away from a vacant and empty Virgin Records store. Most of the Blockbuster Video stores around town are boarded up as well. Yikes! At least, I have noticed, that all three still have somewhat of an online presence.
Here are some more inexpensive crafts from recycled old record albums, DVD’s, and compact discs. They make great DIY gifts too! If you don’t have any old LP’s, you can buy them for about $1 at almost any local thrift store.
- Album Party Platter from Etsy
- Record Album Bowls from Consumption Rebellion
- Record Valet Tray from Etsy
- Album Notebook from Thrift Store Confidential
- CD and DVD Wall Art from Creative Solace
- CD Chair from Gizmodo
- CD Jewelry from The Rachael Ray Show
- Record Album Gift Tags from Dude Craft
Tip: Some old record album covers have beautiful artwork on them. Frame and arrange a few in coordinating colors to make interesting wall art.
Check out these other creative ways to recycle:
- 10 Ways to Recycle Newspaper
- 4 Ways to Reuse Old Boxes
- 5 Creative Ways to Repurpose Old Books
- 5 More Creative Ways to Repurpose Old Books
- 6 Ways to Recycle Bottles and Glass Jars
Find great links for perfect gift ideas here: