Recently my best friend and I decided to do a last minute celebrate the summer party with the kids from our daughter’s preschool. We decided on an ice cream party. Last week I shared the ice cream invitations I made, and today I wanted to share a simple and inexpensive and unique Ice Cream Cone Party Banner DIY.
Blow up as many water balloons as you have ice cream cones.
Apply a layer of white glue around the inside edge of the ice cream cone.
Cut the ribbon to the desired banner length. Starting at one end, place the ribbon into the ice cream cone as shown.
Gently press the water balloon into the cone (my daughter had fun doing this part).
Repeat the process with the rest of the cones and balloons.
Place all the cones upright and allow the glue to dry completely (a few hours).
The banner is nice and light and holds beautifully. The weight dispersion of the cone and the balloon are perfect for hanging.
In case you missed it, here are some other fun DIY party ideas:
- Easy Dollar Store DIY Photo Booth Props
- Mod Podge Photo Booth Props
- Mad Hatter Tea Party Centerpieces & Ideas
- Fabric and Lace Shabby Chic Bunting
- Easy DIY Hello Kitty Party Ideas
- Pretty in Pink Playdate
- Dr. Seuss Inspired Party: FREE Printables
- Angry Birds Party Decoration with FREE Printables
P.S. Happy Birthday, Daddy!