September 22nd is the first day of fall! I wanted to end the summer with a recap of some of my favorite DIY Inspired’s summer projects and party inspiration. Here is my top eight summer 2012 Project Round Up.
- Recycled Book Page Butterfly Wreath – Full step by step photo tutorial for a wreath I made out of an old book, a coat hanger, and branches from my back yard.
- DIY Cake Stand – Make your own cupcake stand or party serving tray with thrift store finds.
- Owl Themed Invitations – A detailed step by step tutorial and YouTube video on how to make these adorable invitations with moving wings for an owl themed party. This is perfect for a baby shower or kid’s birthday party.
- Summer Birthday Party – A butterfly and garden inspired birthday party complete with a cupcake decorating station and stacked hot dog bar and hot dog recipe suggestions. Also check out a short three minute YouTube video of the complete party details.
- Stenciled Butterfly Wall Art – An easy way to upcycle an old unwanted painting with burlap, stencils, and butterflies perfect for a little girls bedroom.
- Junk Drawer Crafts – Make magnets out of bottle caps, paint color swatches, Scrabble tiles, and old plastic gift cards, perfect for stocking stuffers or a fundraising event.
- Repurposed Plant Hanger – A whimsical butterfly inspired chandelier made out of a unwanted plant hanger.
- Recycled Jar Tea Light – Make your own tea light lanterns out of recycled jars and burlap for less than $1.
I had so much fun this summer creating these projects. These were just eight of my favorites. I’m looking forward to the fall and the upcoming Holidays!