Apples and Oranges Cocktail
This week’s recipe is a refreshing fruity apples and oranges cocktail with homemade ginger syrup written by David Edessa.
Apples & Oranges Cocktail Recipe:
- 1½ oz. Belvedere Unfiltered Vodka
- ½ oz. Ginger Syrup
- ½ oz. Cranberry Juice
- 2 oz. Organic Apple Juice
- 2 Dashes Regan’s Orange Bitters
- Garnish: Orange Peel
Add all ingredients into glass. Then, twist orange peel over glass and drop into drink. Add ice to ingredients in glass. Keeping the spoon on the edge of the glass, stir your drink gently and bring up your alcohol until the ice is completely covered. I know that, upon stirring, when my peel reaches the top, my drink is ready.
Ginger Simple Syrup Recipe
- 2 oz. Ginger, thinly sliced
- 1½ cup Granulated Sugar
- ½ cup Corn Syrup
- 1½ cup Water
- 1½ teaspoons Whole Black Peppercorns
Combine the ginger, sugar, corn syrup, water, and peppercorns in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Continue simmering for 30 to 40 minutes or until the syrup smells very gingery. Remove from heat and cool completely. Strain the syrup through a fine sieve, and discard the peppercorn & ginger. Store it in a clean glass jar with a tight lid in the refrigerator. The Ginger Syrup will keep under refrigeration for up to 6 months.
DRINK RESPONSIBLE & DRINK SMART!Rock 2013!!Be Safe!!
Check out all of David’s FANTASTIC cocktail party recipes! Find the perfect one for any occasion.
Latest posts by David Edessa (see all)
- 5 Tasty Holiday Cocktail Recipes - October 18, 2013
- Eight Tasty Cocktail Recipes for Summer Entertaining - June 28, 2013
- Infused Tequila and Cocktail ideas for Cinco de Mayo - May 3, 2013
- Jala-Piña Margarita Cocktail - April 26, 2013
- March Madness Cocktail Recipes - April 5, 2013