DIY Bachelorette Party Favor Bags
I am honored to be sponsored by BurlapFabric.com today for this tutorial. OK, so I’m not technically going to a Bachelorette party, rather a fun annual girls weekend that my four best friends and I try to do once a year (it doesn’t always work out with over a dozen kids among us!). This year, is special because it’s the first year in the last five years that all five of us will be going on a weekend getaway. I wanted to do something special so I decided to make personalized stenciled swag bags, which would also make a great DIY Bachelorette party favor bags.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Jute tote bags from BurlapFabric.com
- Paper plate
- Craft paint
- Letter stencils
- Clean towels
If there was a Queen of natural fiber stenciling, I think I’d be in the running! Ha! I have done so many stenciling projects because it’s both fun and simple to do. I was able to stencil these five bags in no time. Here is one of the bags I got from BurlapFabric.com. They are great because they are sturdy and lined inside. The 9X11X4 size was perfect for these party favor bags.
First I chose a paint color for each of my best girlfriends. Naturally, I chose their favorites. Several different colors look vibrant and pretty against a natural fiber like these jute tote bags.
I stenciled our names on each bag in each of my friend’s favorite colors. Since I wanted our names to go up and down from the top right of each bag, it helped to start stenciling with the last letter first.
- Use a spouncer to help prevent bleeding.
- Apply in a straight up and down motion.
- Remove the excess paint before stenciling.
- Wash your stencils in between each application so that your stencils will stay clean and last a long time.
- Less in more. In the picture below you will see that I used very little paint for each name.
Here’s how they turned out! The girls are going to love them.
I can’t wait to show you what’s inside! Stay tuned for a fun Girls Weekend FREE Printable!
I want to give a big THANK YOU to BurlapFabric.com for sponsoring this post. Be sure to stop by and see all the fabulous products from bags to ribbon and much more! You can also follow them on Facebook, Pinterest , Twitter, and YouTube!
Latest posts by Dinah Wulf (see all)
- Washi Tape Gift Wrapping - November 25, 2014
- Holiday Tips for a Beautiful Home - November 25, 2014
- DIY Christmas Card Display - November 24, 2014
- Easy Mini Winter Scene in a Cloche - November 21, 2014
- My Craft Room: Inspiration, Creativity, & Tradition - November 20, 2014