DIY Disney Princess Costumes
As you may already know this year for Halloween my husband is going to be the Mad Hatter, I am going to be the Queen of Hearts, and my daughter is going to be Alice from Alice in Wonderland. Recently, I did a tutorial for a DIY No Sew Tutu. I wanted to show you that with this tutorial, you can apply it to virtually any Disney Princess character (or any character for that matter) and make your own DIY Disney Princess Costumes.
Here is my skirt for my Queen of Hearts costume using the tutorial. I used black, red, and white tulle and added three felt red hearts with hot glue. I also made a crown out of a recycled plastic sour cream container.
This is my daughter’s Alice skirt. I added the felt spade because I wanted us to match. J She will also wear a white t-shirt with puffy sleeves, a black ribbon in her hair, white tights, and black Mary Jane shoes.
Here are some other color combos you can do to make your own Disney Princess costumes utilizing the DIY No Sew Tutu tutorial:
- Cinderella – baby blue
- Snow White – blue, white, yellow, and red
- Sleeping Beauty – pink and white
- Arial – blue and green
- Jasmine – teal
- Pocahontas – tan and brown
- Tinkerbelle – green and yellow
- Mulan – red, purple, pink, and blue
- Rapunzel – purple
- Tiana- light and dark green or blue
Tip: Tulle also comes glittery as well. Consider mixing the two kinds, but if you do, make the skirt outside! Glitter everywhere (I learned the hard way)!
You can play around with accessories like, tiaras, crowns, wands, gloves, shoes, etc. Remember: check the dollar store first!
Latest posts by Dinah Wulf (see all)
- Christmas Tree Centerpiece #FabulouslyFestive - December 10, 2013
- Kids Christmas Table Setting #PaperCraftedChristmas - December 9, 2013
- DIY Inspired Christmas Decorations 2013 - December 6, 2013