DIY Mod Podge Tea Lights
I came across these adorable red and blue metal buckets in the dollar bins at a Joann Fabric and Craft Store. They have a little star cut out, perfectly patriotic for the Fourth of July or Memorial Day. I wanted to add a little oomph so I ended up turning them into DIY Mod Podge Tea Lights. You only need a few materials.
- Metal or glass candle holders
- Outdoor Mod Podge
- Foam Brush
- Paper Cutter
- Patterned Scrapbook Paper
- Wet Paper Towel
- Small Paper Plate
- Tea Lights
Here are the dollar bin metal buckets I found. Cute, right?
I measured and cut little strips of patterned scrapbook paper that I had left over from these Glow Stick Party Favors (and free printable) that I made.
I poured a little outdoor Mod Podge onto my paper plate and used the foam brush to apply the Mod Podge both to the back of the strip and then on top of it. I added four strips to each little bucket.
Allow the Mod Podge to dry completely.
I added tea lights and voila! Instant festive DIY Mod Podge Tea Lights.
I thought about giving them as a hostess gift to the annual Fourth of July party that my family and I attend.
In case you missed it, here are a few more patriotic posts I did recently:
- Repurposed Dynamite Stick Patriotic Party Favors
- Upcycled Ruler Patriotic Wreath DIY
- Glow Stick Fourth of July Party Favor Printable
- Red, White, and Blue DIY Feather Hair Clips
Latest posts by Dinah Wulf (see all)
- 20 Cool Must Do Stenciling Projects - May 22, 2015
- DIY Accordion Paper Butterflies with ASTROBRIGHTS® Papers - May 20, 2015
- Planting Succulents in Thrift Store Vases - May 19, 2015
- Easy Ways to Declutter and Improve Your Garage - May 18, 2015
- Photo Craft Project Ideas - May 15, 2015