DIY Recycled Wine Cork Wine Charms
I am so honored to have Robert Mondavi Private Selection sponsor this DIY summer craft tutorial! Today I want to share with you how to make DIY Recycled Wine Cork Wine Charms. These would make great homemade party favors for your next summer party.
- Robert Mondavi Private Selection wine corks (One cork will make six charms)
- Serrated knife
- Cutting board
- Small sea shells
- Small picture frame eye hook (one for each charm)
- Hoop earring notion
- Beads or charms (optional)
- Small pliers
Favor Packaging (optional):
- Plastic favor bags
- Decorative paper
- Small hole punch
- Burlap ribbon
Using a serrated knife cut the wine cork into six even pieces. This is very easy to do by applying a little pressure. Make sure you use a cutting board.
Choose one shells for each of your charms. Make sure they are all different.
Use a strong glue to glue the shells onto the center of the cork. I used E6000 but hot glue will adhere well also.
Screw in a small picture frame eye hook to the top of each charm.
If you desire, add an extra charm or bead with the help of small pliers.
Add the hoop earring notion. Here is an AFTER photo.
If you’d like to make them as a homemade gift or party favor, you can get creative with your packaging. I decided to use clear plastic favor bags. I used a small craft punch to punch holes into decorative cardstock so that the charm will easily slide through. Six charms fit nicely onto a 3X4 piece of cardstock. Here are a couple photos.
I wanted to give a big THANK YOU to Robert Mondavi Private Selection for sponsoring this post. All opinions are 100% my own. Monetary compensation and products were provided by the company.
Latest posts by Dinah Wulf (see all)
- DIY Christmas Card Display - November 24, 2014
- Easy Mini Winter Scene in a Cloche - November 21, 2014
- My Craft Room: Inspiration, Creativity, & Tradition - November 20, 2014
- Ten Easy Elf on the Shelf Ideas - November 19, 2014
- Playhouse DIY Mini Makeover - November 17, 2014