Easy Coffee Filter Paper Flowers
Ever since I purchase a reusable plastic coffee filter, I have had extra paper coffee filters in my cupboard. I took them out once before, and was inspired to make this coffee filter wreath that turned out quite nice. Since then I have search for recycled coffee filter ideas and have found quite a few. I particularly liked the coffee filter flowers so I decided to try my own version. Here is a SUPER easy coffee filter paper flowers how-to by yours truly.
- Coffee filters (4 per flower)
- Small rubber bands or small hair bands
- Wooden skewer or dowel
- Old book pages
- Hot glue and hot glue gun
There are many tutorials on this but I found this to be the absolute easiest and quickest way to make them. I sat in my craft room for a few hours trying different ways! You can also dye them by dipping the filters in a little bit of food coloring and water and allowing them to dry on newspaper for about 30 minutes. I chose to keep mine white because I like the look of the starch white, old book pages, and green vase.
Pinch the center of one coffee filter and bunch upwards as shown above.
Set the first “bunch in the center of a second coffee filter and repeat the same bunching motion.
Repeat Step Two until you have four coffee filters. Using a small rubber band (I used a child sized hair band) and secure the top of the paper flower “stem”. It will look like this.
Cut out paper flower petals out of old book pages.
Add a skewer or wooden dowel as a stem and hot glue on the book page petals.
Here is a picture of a smaller flower. For this one I used four coffee filters, however I cut them about a half inch shorter.
Hope you try it!
More Paper Flower Tutorials:
- Easy Coffee Filter Flowers
- Water Colored Book Page Roses
- Recycled Phone Book Origami Paper Flower
- Recycled Coin Wrapper Paper Flower
- Book Page Paper Flower Magnet
- Back to School Teacher Bouquet
- Coffee Filter Flower Gift Wrapping
- Toilet Paper Roll Flower Ornament
- How to Dye Coffee Filter Flowers
- Animal Print Accordion Flowers for a Tween Birthday
- Paper Flowers Made from Napkins
Latest posts by Dinah Wulf (see all)
- Clever Tips for Cleaning Your Vehicle with Vinegar - February 8, 2016
- Quick and Easy Valentine Treats - February 5, 2016
- Pencil Valentine Printables - February 3, 2016
- ABC I Love You Printable - February 1, 2016
- DIY Stenciled Metal Laundry Trash Can - January 29, 2016