Easy Upcycled Thrift Store Tea Cups
I have been on a thrift store hunt for tea party decorations for a Mad Hatter Tea Party Baby Shower I have coming up! It has been SO fun, let me tell you. I have raided a few Goodwill stores in our area and have found some great deals. I ended up making these Easy Upcycled Thrift Store Tea Cups to a few plain (but cheap) tea cups I found.
Here is all my loot (so far because I am still on the hunt) from my thrift store shopping adventures.
Good stuff! Besides the tea pot, all the cups, saucers, and plates, and trays I found were less than $2.00. Here is the inspiration for this upcycle. I love the gold.
I found these plain white tea cups and saucers, all four pieces for $2.99 so I couldn’t pass them up.
I wanted to add gold to them to match the others. At first I tried painting them but I would have had to do so many coats using the metallic paint I chose. I wanted a deeper gold. I searched my craft room and found a metallic gold Sharpie! Awe man! It went on like butta’. It was fantastic.
Here is how I imagined using these tea cups for the Mad Hatter Tea Party I am decorating. I added a little moss and fresh cut flowers from the side of my house. These would also make cute little gifts too!
The little pop of gold just makes it all better! In case you missed it, here are some of my other ideas for this Mad Hatter Tea Party I am doing:
- Mad Hatter Tea Party Hat Decoration
- Mad Hatter Tea Party Chair Centerpieces
- Mad Hatter Tea Party Centerpieces & Ideas
For more fun Sharpie craft ideas check out these fun projects:
- DIY Shrinky Dink Pendant Necklace from Mod Podge Rocks
- Sharpie Tea Towel by Setting for Four
- Alphabet Balloons Kids Activity from See Vanessa Craft
Latest posts by Dinah Wulf (see all)
- 32 Cheap and Easy Crafts You Can Make from Dollar Bin Items - May 29, 2015
- Frozen Fever Birthday Party Bunting - May 27, 2015
- Supporting Anti-Bullying: My Personal Story - May 26, 2015
- Repurposed Yoghurt Container Turned Succulent Pot - May 25, 2015
- 20 Cool Must Do Stenciling Projects - May 22, 2015