Eerie DIY Halloween Wreath
I loved making this wreath! Halloween is one of my favorite holidays. I used to plan my costume months in advance. Now that I have a daughter, we take her trick-or-treating every year so I rarely dress up. In lieu of my obsession for Halloween costumes, I now put my creativity into the decorations! Here is how I made my eerie DIY Halloween wreath.
- Grape Vine Wreath
- Craft Letters (ours spell “eek”)
- Black Paint
- Paint Brush
- Rhinestones and Rhinestone Stickers
- Small Plastic Halloween Skull
- Hot Glue and Glue Sticks
First I covered my grape vine wreath with the gauze I had. I purchased the gauze in the Halloween section of the dollar store.
I found these feather bunches on sale at Jo-Ann’s for less than $2.00 a piece in the floral department… score!
I added them to the bottom right of the wreath.
Meanwhile, my daughter Mia painted the EEK letters black on both sides.
Once they were dry, I added pre-made rhinestone cluster stickers to each letter to go with my glam theme this year (check out my glam skulls!).
Next, I thought this little guy needed some bling too…
So I added a couple rhinestones in his eyes and on his forehead. Much better!
I glued the skull in the center of the feathers…
…and glues the EEK letters on the top right.
Tah dah! There you have it…my eerie DIY Halloween wreath. Mia is a little scared to walk by it!
Latest posts by Dinah Wulf (see all)
- Frozen Fever Birthday Party Bunting - May 27, 2015
- Supporting Anti-Bullying: My Personal Story - May 26, 2015
- Repurposed Yoghurt Container Turned Succulent Pot - May 25, 2015
- 20 Cool Must Do Stenciling Projects - May 22, 2015
- DIY Accordion Paper Butterflies with ASTROBRIGHTS® Papers - May 20, 2015