Fall Pumpkin Centerpiece #turkeytablescapes
This Fall Pumpkin Centerpiece tutorial is sponsored by Jo-Ann Fabric & Craft Stores. All opinions are 100% my own.
I’m pretty much a regular at Jo-Ann’s…at several locations! This year for fall, they had a great line of Autumn Inspirations that really sparked some ideas. In particular, I love the hints of dark navy blue. Blue isn’t a color that I would normally associate with Thanksgiving time; however I just realized how beautiful it looks with other fall colors.
I decided to make a fall pumpkin centerpiece for my #TurkeyTableScape this year! You can get all of the supplies at Jo-Ann’s.
Here is shopping list of what you’ll need:
- Craft pumpkin
- Sharp craft knife
- Floral foam block
- Burlap scraps
- Assortment of Autumn Inspirations decorative picks
I started off with this craft pumpkin. I wanted a small one for my table this year because my husband and I are having a small intimate Thanksgiving for four this year. Our families are both out of state so it’ll just be us!
First, I cut off the top. This particular pumpkin is all Styrofoam. If you buy a regular craft pumpkin, they are typically hollow.
If your pumpkin is hollow, you can use a floral foam block to place inside the pumpkin after you cut it.
Next, I simply arranged my assortment of decorative picks inside the pumpkin. I love the mix of blue feathers. These particular decorative picks are great, because they look very realistic.
Lastly, for a more finished look, I added some burlap around the bottom of the arrangement. I always check the remnants section at Jo-Ann’s for fabric like this.
Here are a few AFTER photos! Notice the burlap feather napkin rings I made too!
Be sure to check out Jo-Ann’s craft catalog for more DIY inspiration.
More DIY Pumpkin Projects:
- Upcycled Metal Pumpkin Tutorial
- Spooky Stagecoach Pumpkin
- Easy Gold, Black, and White Pumpkins DIY
- Decoupage Fabric Pumpkin How To
- BOO Pumpkin Halloween Decoration
Latest posts by Dinah Wulf (see all)
- Washi Tape Gift Wrapping - November 25, 2014
- Holiday Tips for a Beautiful Home - November 25, 2014
- DIY Christmas Card Display - November 24, 2014
- Easy Mini Winter Scene in a Cloche - November 21, 2014
- My Craft Room: Inspiration, Creativity, & Tradition - November 20, 2014