Easy Halloween Desserts – Creative Ideas for Halloween
This chocolate pretzel recipe doubles as a great Halloween dessert and as DIY Halloween props. It definitely gives a new meaning to “finger food”. These chocolate dipped pretzels are SUPER easy and quick to make.
The materials you will need are:
- One bag of pretzel rods
- Melting candy or chocolate
- One bag of sliced almonds
- Waxed paper
- Cookie Sheet
- Glass Measuring cup
- Vegetable oil (optional)
Step One: Line a cookie sheet with wax paper or parchment paper.
Step Two: Follow the candy/melting instructions on the bag. I like to melt the candy in a glass measuring cup in the microwave at defrost setting in thirty second increments. Use a spooky color like green or blue to make it look like monster fingers.
Step Three: When candy/chocolate is melted, consider adding vegetable oil to thin out the candy. Add a little at a time until you reach the desired thickness. The vegetable oil will not alter the taste.
Step Four: Break the pretzel rods in half and dip the broken side into your mixture. Carefully lay them in a neat row onto the lined cookie sheet.
Step Five: Gently lay a sliced almond sliver onto the edge of the dipped pretzel to make it look like a finger nail.
Step Six: Refrigerate until you are ready to serve!
This finger food will be a favorite at your next Halloween party!
Click here for a complete step by step tutorial for candy dipped fortune cookies!
Latest posts by Dinah Wulf (see all)
- Repurposed Yoghurt Container Turned Succulent Pot - May 25, 2015
- 20 Cool Must Do Stenciling Projects - May 22, 2015
- DIY Accordion Paper Butterflies with ASTROBRIGHTS® Papers - May 20, 2015
- Planting Succulents in Thrift Store Vases - May 19, 2015
- Easy Ways to Declutter and Improve Your Garage - May 18, 2015