Fourth of July Parade Wagon and Paper Crafts
I am really looking forward to the mini Fourth of July parade that we do every year. I don’t know why, but my husband and I have never gotten a wagon for our daughter. We would always hitch a ride with someone else, or even just pushed her in her sparsely decorated stroller. This year, we finally purchased a wagon off of Craigslist and I want to share some easy paper crafts you can make to decorate for this year’s festivities.
When we bought the wagon, the plain wooden sides were screaming for paint! I chose Krylon’s blue ocean breeze. I thought it’d look pretty with the red wagon.
I made some paper medallions for the side. To make these, I cut two 2” strips for each medallion, and cut out two circles with a circle punch.
I folded each strip like an accordion.
Using double sided tape I attached the two pieces on one side.
I punched a small hole for the string.
Using hot glue, I added the circles on both sides of the medallion. Hot glue works the best because it dries quickly.
I strung them on ribbon and attached them to the wagon!
I also made little flags with scrapbook paper and BBQ skewers. Super easy! I attached them to the wagon with Duck Brand tape (it works perfectly).
In case you missed some of my other recent Fourth of July ideas, here are a few:
- DIY Mod Podge Patriotic Tea Lights
- Repurposed Dynamite Stick Patriotic Party Favors
- Upcycled Ruler Patriotic Wreath DIY
- Glow Stick Fourth of July Party Favor Printable
- Red, White, and Blue DIY Feather Hair Clips
Latest posts by Dinah Wulf (see all)
- 32 Cheap and Easy Crafts You Can Make from Dollar Bin Items - May 29, 2015
- Frozen Fever Birthday Party Bunting - May 27, 2015
- Supporting Anti-Bullying: My Personal Story - May 26, 2015
- Repurposed Yoghurt Container Turned Succulent Pot - May 25, 2015
- 20 Cool Must Do Stenciling Projects - May 22, 2015