Front Door Makeover Before and After
Sometimes it’s the small things that make a big difference. I had no idea how expensive doors were until I actually had to look into buying one. My husband and I have made some modern updates to the house (see more below) when it comes to paint colors. I’m not very adventurous and seem to be sticking to black, white, and gray! For our front door, we ended up deciding to paint it instead of buying a new one, saving a lot of money.
My husband wouldn’t allow me to tackle this DIY (there are just some things I don’t attempt), so we hired our contractor, Jeff from Diamond Custom Finishes (he rocks!). He and his son are our trusted dynamic duo! I neglected to take pictures of the door outside but you can kind of see it in this post. But it pretty much looks like this photo of the interior.
Jeff and his son and partner Brian, took off the door, removed the hardware and primed and painted it.
Here is the after! To me, it’s such a big difference. We haven’t changed the hardware yet, but I kind of like the old hardware. It’s a nice mix of modern black and old patina. P.S. if you like the radiant orchid address wreath or the burlap stenciled metal vases check out those tutorials!
You can also catch the full front of the house in these posts as well:
Check out other makeovers we did with our home:
- Half Bathroom Makeover Before and After
- Dining Room Makeover Reveal
- Our Home Makeover (exterior)
- Brick Mantel Makeover
- Guest Room Paint Makeover
- Five Tips for Hiring a Contractor (our patio makeover)
Thanks to Jeff and Diamond Custom Finishes for the awesome front door makeover!
Latest posts by Dinah Wulf (see all)
- 10 Awesome Craft Ideas for Teens - February 12, 2016
- Printable Valentine Gift Tags - February 10, 2016
- Clever Tips for Cleaning Your Vehicle with Vinegar - February 8, 2016
- Quick and Easy Valentine Treats - February 5, 2016
- Pencil Valentine Printables - February 3, 2016