Gift Card Pairing Ideas for the Holidays
Gift Card Pairing Ideas is sponsored by Ralph’s. All opinions are 100% my own.
I’ve often heard people say “gift cards are so impersonal”. On the contrary, gift cards allow the recipient to buy what their hearts desire without the hassles and hurts of playing the return and exchange game. I’ve put together a fun list of creative gift card pairing ideas to make the “impersonal” a thoughtful and stand out holiday gift. Oh! And of course I had to throw in my own upcycled DIY tutorial!
My husband and I went to Ralph’s and were inspired by so many ideas. We searched the aisles to look for creative gift card pairing ideas… and I must say we were EASILY inspired! We came up with several ideas to fit many different types of people like, co-workers, picky family members, and fellow Moms. More on this later… I want to share with you what I ended up buying my in-laws along with a gift card from Ralph’s.
My in-laws are coffee drinkers like me, so we bought two recycled eco-friendly Aladdin coffee travel mugs, a bag of their favorite Starbucks coffee, and some Private Selection Carmel Sea Salt hot cocoa.
I decided to make my own gift box out of a recycled food box. I cut it to size leaving the top open.
To cover it, I used:
- Recycled burlap coffee bean sack
- Hot glue and glue gun
- Paper (optional)
The burlap I used was a little see-through, so I covered the box with paper to hide the writing. I had this burlap coffee sack left over from when I made my recycled coffee bean sack pillows. I used a glue gun to secure the burlap in place.
I stuffed the inside with some extra burlap scraps and placed my items gift card inside. It turned out quite sturdy and cute!
Here are some other gift card pairing ideas we came up with while inspired by walking up and down the aisles of Ralph’s:
- Dessert theme: ice cream cones, sprinkles, chocolate and caramel sauce, and cherries
- Baby theme: any baby products along with your gift card
- Nail theme: nail clippers, nail file, nail polish, cotton balls
- Spa theme: face mask, wash glove, loofa, sponge, lotion
- Mixed drink theme: any of the Bonny shakers, corckscrew, jigger, or cocktail strainers, and a bottle of liquor
- Wine theme: bottle of wine, wine charms, wine bag, and corkscrew
The list goes on and on but those are our favorites. We wanted to give a big THANK YOU to Ralph’s for sponsoring this post and inspiring us!
Latest posts by Dinah Wulf (see all)
- 32 Cheap and Easy Crafts You Can Make from Dollar Bin Items - May 29, 2015
- Frozen Fever Birthday Party Bunting - May 27, 2015
- Supporting Anti-Bullying: My Personal Story - May 26, 2015
- Repurposed Yoghurt Container Turned Succulent Pot - May 25, 2015
- 20 Cool Must Do Stenciling Projects - May 22, 2015