Guest Room Paint Makeover
Whenever people come over for the first time and want a tour of the house, the guest room is the room that I always apologized for. The previous owners had two boys. Both boys apparently wanted blue rooms, one light and one dark. Our now guest room was the light blue room. Don’t get me wrong, I love blue and it’s one of my favorite colors. It’s just that my guest room décor is blue too. So when I open the door to show my guest room, I apologize because it looks like a Smurf threw up in there. Blue walls, blue bead spread, blue dresser. Needless to say, the guest room needed a paint makeover.
This isn’t my first time painting a room, and being that I have a toddler AND I wanted to paint the room during Saturday and Sunday football (aka husband’s butt glued to the couch), I knew I was on my own for this job. I knew it would take all weekend because this left me with nap time and bedtime to do it.
There is a chair rail in the room, so I chose to paint the top half a dark grey and the bottom half a pure white. I love how it turned out. Here is a before and after photo. Sorry the lighting is bad!
Here are some photos during.
I wish I would have taken a picture of the room while it was still blue on blue to show you. Oh well! By the way if you want tips on how to paint a room, check out my tips for when I painted my kitchen!
More Updates to Our Home:
- Living Room Makeover Reveal
- Front Door Makeover Before and After
- Half Bathroom Makeover Before and After
- Dining Room Makeover Reveal
- Our Outdoor Home Makeover
- Brick Mantel Makeover
- Our Cement Floors After
- Patio Before and After
Latest posts by Dinah Wulf (see all)
- 10 Awesome Craft Ideas for Teens - February 12, 2016
- Printable Valentine Gift Tags - February 10, 2016
- Clever Tips for Cleaning Your Vehicle with Vinegar - February 8, 2016
- Quick and Easy Valentine Treats - February 5, 2016
- Pencil Valentine Printables - February 3, 2016